By Travelzoo Staff
For more than half off, wander desert trails on horseback and take in views of the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell Mountains.
Why we love it
- 90-minute horseback ride for less than $30 a person
- 98% of Travelzoo subscribers loved our past offers at MacDonald's Ranch
- Many praised the "wonderful," "friendly" staff and "beautiful scenery"
- Phoenix New Times named it Best Place to See the State Bird (cactus wren)
- Rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor and holds a 2013 Certificate of Excellence
Sept. 6, 2013 - Dec. 19, 2013
26540 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- For $29, take a 1.5-hour horseback ride at MacDodnald's Ranch (reg. $60)
During the 1.5-hour ride, a seasoned wrangler will point out desert flora and fauna like rattlesnakes, coyotes, rabbits and hawks
The ride is suitable for all skill levels
The ranch also offers a free petting zoo for kids, as well as classic Western games like cowboy golf and horseshoe pits
The fine print
Not valid for moonlight or private rides. Reservations are required; must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Closed Mondays from June-September. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 5 or older and weigh 260 lbs. or less for the horseback ride.
See all terms