By Travelzoo Staff
For more than half off, wander desert trails on horseback and take in views of the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell Mountains.
Why we love it
- 90-minute horseback ride for less than $30 a person
- 98% of Travelzoo subscribers loved our past offers at MacDonald's Ranch
- Many praised the "wonderful," "friendly" staff and "beautiful scenery"
- Phoenix New Times named it Best Place to See the State Bird (cactus wren)
- Rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor and holds a 2013 Certificate of Excellence
Aug. 6 - Dec. 19, 2013
26540 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- For $29, take a 1.5-hour horseback ride at MacDodnald's Ranch (reg. $60)
During the 1.5-hour ride, a seasoned wrangler will point out desert flora and fauna like rattlesnakes, coyotes, rabbits and hawks
The ride is suitable for all skill levels
Or for $20 (reg. $45), explore the back trails on an authentic horse-drawn stagecoach ride that lasts 45 minutes to an hour (ends Sept. 30)
The ranch also offers a free petting zoo for kids, as well as classic Western games like cowboy golf and horseshoe pits
The fine print
Horseback ride vouchers expire Dec. 19, 2013. Stagecoach ride vouchers expire Sept. 30, 2013. Not valid for moonlight or private rides. Reservations are required; must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Closed Mondays from June-September. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 5 or older and weigh 260 lbs. or less for the horseback ride. For the stagecoach ride, valid for any age; children 0-12 months ride free.
See all terms