By Travelzoo Staff
Centurion is one of downtown's Top 10 restaurants
, according to The Arizona Republic
. Its "young chef with a future," Eric Osburn, now hosts weekly wine-tasting workshops with food pairings from the restaurant. For $15 (reg. $30), stop by on a Sunday afternoon for this three-hour wine appreciation class. It includes eight tastings and takes place in Centurion's Bar Maximus, recently opened next door.
Why we love it
- Spend a Sunday afternoon learning about and tasting wines from around the world
- These 3-hour classes take place at Centurion's new adjacent Bar Maximus
- The Arizona Republic calls Centurion's chef a "young chef with a future"
- Includes 8 tastings and chef-determined pairings
- 2 can partake for $29
April 17, 2013 - Dec. 29, 2013
214 W. Roosevelt St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003
- Taking place from 3-6 p.m., the sessions include three components:
- Education: Guests will learn about different varietals, the proper way to taste wine, wine terminology and how to use them and tips for buying
- Tasting: Sample eight wines from around the world; each week has a different theme such as big reds, particular regions or different oaks
- Food pairings, determined by the chef based on how they complement the wines; they vary each week with the wine offerings, but may include selections like free-standing shepherd's pie, pesto chicken penne pasta and Portuguese mussels
- Two people can partake in this class for $29 (reg. $60), an even greater savings.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sunday, April 21, through Dec. 29, 2013. Classes are held Sundays from 3-6 p.m. Reservations are required and must be made by 4 p.m. the Thursday before your desired class date; subject to availability. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms