By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can drive or ride in an open-cockpit Indy-style race car at top speeds and save 50% or more on regular prices. Choose between a three-hour experience that puts you behind the wheel or a three-lap ride-along with a professional racing instructor.
Why we love it
- Drive or ride in a full-size, Indy-style race car at Phoenix International Raceway
- For $199 (reg. $400), get behind the wheel on your own and circle the track for 5 minutes (3-hour total experience)
- Drivers also meet with the crew chief and take home a souvenir license
- Or for $64, climb into the passenger seat behind a professional racing instructor for a 3-lap race
- Valid for all race dates, which start in early April
March 21, 2013 - March 21, 2015
Mario Andretti Racing Experience
Phoenix International Raceway
125 S. Avondale Blvd., Suite 200
Avondale, AZ 85323
- Option 1: For $199, drive the Indy-style race car yourself during a five-minute timed racing session at Phoenix International Raceway. It's just you and the competition as there is no lead car to follow, no instructor riding with you and passing is allowed. This three-hour Mario Andretti Racing Experience normally costs $400 and includes meeting with the crew chief, driver's fee, training, instruction, racing equipment and in-car radio communication with your spotter. Upon completion, receive a graduate certificate noting your top speed and a souvenir racing license.
- Option 2: For $64, ride as a passenger for three laps behind a professional driving instructor in a two-seater. Sit in the passenger seat as the race car reaches top speeds during the Mario Andretti Ride-Along Experience, which regularly costs $130.
- Valid for any race dates through March 21, 2015. Currently scheduled dates include April 7 and Oct. 6. Also valid for NASCAR Racing Experience dates (currently scheduled include: April 5-7 and Oct. 4-6). More dates will be added; see website schedule to review dates. Call Mario Andretti Racing Experience with any questions on future dates and availability.
The fine print
Valid for any race dates through March 21, 2015. Vouchers can be redeemed 24 hours after purchase. Reservations are required. Drivers must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds and under 300 pounds and 6 feet, 7 inches. Riders must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds. Drivers must be 18 years old or older with a valid driver's license. For riders under 18 years old, parental consent is required. Reservations are subject to availability, weather and track conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms