By Travelzoo Staff
Take control of a chopper with this Local Deal for a flight lesson with Flying High in Mesa. For $175 -- nearly half off -- subscribers can learn to fly a helicopter during a private two-hour lesson (30 minutes of airtime). Or for $99, regularly $188, you can get a private 90-minute airplane lesson (30 minutes of airtime).
Why we love it
- Save $160 on a private 2-hour helicopter lesson with Flying High in Mesa
- Learn safety, flight controls and aircraft mechanics with a certified instructor
- You'll be in the air for 30 minutes total; maneuver the chopper and even try landing
- Or, you can get a private 90-minute airplane lesson for $99, regularly $188
- Fly along the Salt River and enjoy picturesque views
March 13, 2013 - July 7, 2013
Flying High LLC
4702 E. Fighter Aces Drive
Mesa, AZ 85215
- Begin your helicopter lesson with ground instruction, which will cover safety, flight controls and aircraft mechanics. Then, board the Robinson R22 with a certified instructor and fly the chopper for 30 minutes along the Salt River toward Red Mountain. Learn to maneuver up and down, side to side and front to back, then catch a view of the skyline as you circle back to the airport and try your hand at an approach (a landing). Once you land, you'll get a post-flight debriefing as well as a flight certificate.
- During the airplane lesson, you'll get ground instruction, then fly a Piper Cherokee 140 toward Saguaro Lake and learn skills like steep turns and slow flights. After 30 minutes of airtime, make your way back to the airfield to try your hand at a landing and leave with a flight certificate.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, March 13, through July 7, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours’ notice. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 12 years old or older. Maximum weight limit is 240 pounds per person for helicopter or 300 pounds per person for airplane. In the interest of safety, this is not valid for pregnant women. Subject to weather conditions. Must sign waiver. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms