By Travelzoo Staff
Explore the back-trails of the Sonoran Desert in an authentic horse-drawn stagecoach at MacDonald's Ranch, rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor. For $20 per person, regularly $45, Travelzoo subscribers can join this ride lasting 45 minutes to one hour.
Why we love it
- For $20 per person (reg. $45), ride an authentic stagecoach at MacDonald's Ranch
- The scenic, 1280-acre ranch is rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor
- The Phoenix New Times called it the Best Place to See the State Bird (the cactus wren)
- Two can ride for $39, or 4 can go for $75 (the greatest savings)
March 20, 2013 - Sept. 21, 2013
26540 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- The 1,280-acre ranch lays claim to the original stagecoach road that ran from Phoenix to Cave Creek and offers visitors views of the McDowell Mountains to the east and Camelback Mountain to the south. Your driver will also point out desert flora and fauna like rattlesnakes, coyotes, rabbits and hawks -- Phoenix New Times named this ranch the Best Place to See the State Bird (the cactus wren).
- Book a ride for two people for $39, regularly $90; a group of four can go for $75, regularly $180, for the greatest savings.
- The ranch also offers a free petting zoo for kids, as well as classic Western games like cowboy golf and horseshoe pits.
Extend your stay at the ranch with this 90-minute horseback ride
for $29 per person, regularly $60.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, March 21, through Sept. 21, 2013. Reservations are required; subject to availability. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. Not valid for moonlight rides. Valid for any age; children 0-12 months ride free. Subject to weather. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms