By Travelzoo Staff
From the basket of a hot air balloon, riders can take in a bird's-eye view of the scenery and wildlife of the Sonoran Desert at sunrise. Join this flight with Adventures Out West, which includes a celebratory sparkling wine toast at touchdown, for $99 per person, regularly $185.
Why we love it
- See 100 panoramic miles of Sonoran Desert scenery from a hot air balloon
- Join this sunrise flight for $99 per person, regularly $185
- Book 2 or 4 spots for $195 or $379, respectively, and save even more
- These group rides accommodate up to 12 passengers
- Celebrate with a sparkling wine toast upon landing
- Riders may spot wildlife like coyotes and desert mule deer
Feb. 15, 2013 - Aug. 19, 2013
Adventures Out West
29834 N. Cave Creek Road
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
- Balloons ascend several thousand feet in the air, an altitude that provides a panorama of the desert stretching up to 100 miles. Pilots vary the balloon's altitude during the 45-minute journey, descending closer to the ground for views of desert flora and fauna like coyotes, jack rabbits, desert mule deer, saguaro cactus and Palo Verde trees.
- For $195, two people can join the ride, regularly $370. Or for $379, gather a group of four people, regularly $740. Balloons hold between six and 12 passengers.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, March 1, through Aug. 19, 2013. Reservations are required; must be made online here. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. Weather permitting. Riders must weigh 200 lbs. or less; a $50 surcharge will be applied for riders weighing more than 200 lbs. Must be at least 6 years old. Minimum 6 riders per flight; if fewer than 6 riders are booked, flight may be rescheduled. Not valid for pregnant women. Valid only for sunrise flights. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. An automatic 18% gratuity will be applied based on the full value of the package. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms