By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can take control of a Cessna 172 and fly the skies over Phoenix with this deal for $89. Learn the basics of becoming a pilot with an introductory flight lesson departing from Falcon Field in Mesa. This one-hour activity with Classic Air Aviation regularly costs $199.
Why we love it
- Pilot a Cessna 172 for $89 and save 55% on the regular price
- Learn the basics of aviation during this 1-hour intro flight lesson
- Practice turns, climbs and descents over scenic landmarks like Red Mountain
- This lesson, which includes a preflight briefing, can be scheduled 7 days a week
March 25, 2013 - Sept. 26, 2013
Classic Air Aviation
4710 E Falcon Drive
- The lesson begins with a preflight briefing to familiarize you with the route, instrument panel and the processes and procedures used to fly the aircraft. Following that, you'll conduct a preflight inspection and get comfortable in the co-pilot's seat.
- You'll be able to take the controls of the airplane during the lesson, which lasts about 30-45 minutes in the air (may vary due to flight conditions). Practice turns, climbs and descents with a bird's-eye view of scenic landmarks like Saguaro Lake, Salt River or Red Mountain before circling back for landing.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, March 26, through Sept. 26, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance; subject to availability. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies; a $50 rescheduling fee may be applied within 48 hours. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 16 years old or older. Maximum weight limit including pilot is 630 pounds. Not valid for pregnant women. Subject to weather. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 2 additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms