By Travelzoo Staff
Take control of a plane above Phoenix with a hands-on, introductory flying lesson that's half off for Travelzoo subscribers. For $99 per person, budding pilots can join Transonic Aviation Services in Mesa to learn the basics of piloting a Diamond DA-40 or Piper Cherokee 140 aircraft during this hourlong experience.
Why we love it
- Learn the basics of piloting an aircraft for $99 per person
- Subscribers save 50% on the regular cost of this introductory lesson
- Includes 30 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of hands-on flying time
- Flights depart from Falcon Field in Mesa
- Pilot a Diamond DA-40 or Piper Cherokee 140
Feb. 12, 2013 - Aug. 12, 2013
Transonic Aviation Services
4702 E Fighter Aces Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85215
- Begin with an overview of the aircraft's instruments and controls with your certified flight instructor. After the 30-minute session, you'll strap into the pilot's seat and depart Falcon Field for 30 minutes of hands-on flight instruction. Students will take control of the aircraft to practice turns, climbs and descents before circling back for landing.
- During the lesson, keep an eye out for scenic Phoenix-area landmarks such as Saguaro Lake.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Feb. 12, through Aug. 12, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 14 years old or older (or accompanied by an adult) to participate. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms