By Travelzoo Staff
Take control of a Cessna 172 as you soar above the Phoenix area with this Local Deal. For $89 per person, learn the basics of aviation with an introductory flight lesson departing from Falcon Field in Mesa. This one-hour experience with Classic Air Aviation is regularly $199.
Why we love it
- Gain a fresh perspective on scenic landmarks like Red Mountain or Saguaro Lake as you pilot a Cessna 172 above them
- Learn the basics of flying for $89 with this hands-on introductory flight lesson
- This experience lasts about 1 hour and can be scheduled any day of the week
- Save more than $100 on the regular cost of this lesson with Classic Air Aviation ($199)
Oct. 24, 2012 - April 26, 2013
Classic Air Aviation
4710 E Falcon Drive
- Meet your experienced instructor for a preflight briefing to get familiar with the route, instrument panel, and the processes and procedures used to fly the aircraft. Following that, you'll conduct a preflight inspection and get comfortable in the co-pilot's seat.
- You'll be able to take the controls of the airplane during the lesson, which lasts about 30-45 minutes in the air (may vary due to flight conditions). Practice turns, climbs, and descents with a bird's-eye view of scenic landmarks like Saguaro Lake, Salt River or Red Mountain before circling back for landing.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Oct. 26, through April 26, 2013. Reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies; a $50 rescheduling fee may be applied. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. Must be 16 years old or older. Maximum weight limit including pilot is 630 lbs. Not valid for pregnant women. Subject to weather. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 2 additional may be purchased as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms