By Eddy Rivera
Explore South Philadelphia with one of the city's top-rated tour providers, which earns a 5-star TripAdvisor rating from more than 225 reviews.
Why we love it
- Walk through Queen Village and get a chance to see some of the 3,000 murals
- Visit Gloria Dei Church, Sparks Shot Tower and Philadelphia's Magic Gardens
- Take a stroll through the Italian Market, where "it's more Naples than Philadelphia" (Fodor's)
- End the tour at South Street, "the most amazing thoroughfare" in the city (Philly Mag)
Sept. 13, 2013 - Dec. 6, 2013; Friday - Sunday
Philadelphia Urban Adventures
Meet outside Famous 4th Street Delicatessen
700 S. 4th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- For $39 (reg. $78), take a four-hour Essence of South Philly walking tour for two people
Meet at one of the oldest Jewish delicatessens in the city, where you can purchase breakfast before the tour (or take treats from the bakery along with you)
Discover Gloria Dei Church, the state's oldest church, and the Sparks Shot Tower, the nation's first shot factory
Wander among colorful shops, cafes and restaurants at the Italian Market -- Sylvester Stallone walked along these streets in "Rocky" and "Rocky II"
- Admire unique mosaic art at Philadelphia's Magic Gardens and finish on Philly's eclectic South Street
Or for $75 (reg. $156), get the same deal for four and save even more
The fine print
Tours depart at 9:30 a.m. Friday-Sunday. Tours meet outside at Famous 4th Street Delicatessen at the corner of 4th and Bainbridge Streets. Reservations are required. Limit two voucher purchases per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. If purchase limit is exceeded, voucher is subject to forfeiture. Must be at least six years old to attend. Voucher is based on adult ticket prices, but may be used by any guest age six and up.
See all terms