By Travelzoo Staff
The National Geographic Society has been documenting the world through the lenses of its photographers' cameras for nearly 125 years. In conjunction with National Geographic Traveler magazine, photographers and editors with decades of experience will share their expertise in a "Simply Beautiful Photographs" seminar. For $99 per person, regularly $195, take part in this all-day experience; two can enroll for $195 and save even more on the regular $390 price.
Why we love it
- For $99, enroll in a photography seminar from National Geographic Traveler, regularly $195
- 2 can attend for $195, half off the regular price of $390
- Seminars are led by photographers & editors with decades of experience
- Learn from Senior Photo Editor Dan Westergren how to properly compose your photos
- Lunch is provided for this all-day experience
Feb. 22, 2013 - March 10, 2013
National Geographic Traveler
Moore College of Art & Design
1916 Race St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The event takes place Sunday, March 10, at Moore College of Art & Design and requires no special equipment -- just an interest in learning from professional travel photographers. Discussion topics at this seminar will include:
- How to use shapes, colors and textures to add life to your photographs and how to properly define an images subject
- The best way to choose a subject, how to express a personal standpoint through an image and creating an artistic voice through photography
- Training the photographer's eye to discover the visual elements of a good subject, and how travel photography has changed through time
- How to work with contrast and balance to command the viewer's eye to the subject of the shot
- Instructors Dan Westergren, Senior Photo Editor of the magazine and Annie Griffiths, an award-winning photographer and one of the first female photographers to shoot for National Geographic, have decades of photography experience between them. They'll share their experiences as professional photographers, including behind-the-scenes stories and background tales on photos they've taken.
The fine print
Note: Number of seats available to be sold are limited. This deal may sell out before the 'Time to Buy' has expired. Voucher can be redeemed Sunday, March 10. Event takes place 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Reservations via email are required. Must email the address on voucher to confirm. This voucher is for a date-specific event. Once the voucher is purchased, no refunds will be given. Nonrefundable by National Geographic once purchased. Offer not valid for previous registrations. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms