By Travelzoo Staff
Asbury Park's boardwalk runs along the New Jersey shoreline through historic beachfront buildings that were reinvigorated as part of this town's "eclectic renaissance" (The New York Times). Footsteps from the water, The Berkeley Hotel is slicing prices through peak summer season by more than 40%.
Why we love it
- For $159 per night, stay Sundays-Fridays through Aug. 29 in an upgraded room where cool tones are off-set by bold splashes of pattern, contemporary furnishings and large windows overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. For $10 more per night, upgrade again to a room with 40% more space and a pull-out sofa.
- This 1920s hotel places guests less than a minute's walk from the sand, and with this deal, visitors can park the car for free and receive two beach passes. Follow the boardwalk south half a block to pass through the Grand Arcade connecting the old convention center and Paramount Theatre, maritime-themed brick halls designed by the same architects who drafted Grand Central Terminal.
- The New York Times says "Asbury Park bewitches with hints of faded charm as well as a growing array of creature comforts," such as the swanky seafood restaurants and fashionable martini bars at the water's edge. There's also a pinball museum, antique shops, a retro '60s bowling alley and The Stone Pony concert venue, where Bruce Springsteen got his start and many other headliners make stops through summer.
The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
1401 Ocean Avenue
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
What's included & when
- June 2, 2013 - Aug. 29, 2013
- Retreat for 2 to The Berkeley hotel in Asbury Park, N.J., "a hot destination for the culturally curious" (Frommer's)
$159 per night in a Standard Ocean View Room
$169 per night in a larger Deluxe Ocean View Room
Includes free Wi-Fi, parking and beach passes for 2 (a $44 total value)
Travel Sundays-Fridays through Aug. 29
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then click the link provided on your voucher to select your desired travel dates. Instructions are provided on the voucher for selecting the dates. Not available on: July 4-6, 19-21. A credit card will be required to confirm the reservation, but nothing will be charged. The taxes will be paid separately at the hotel. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions. All reservations must be made by June 30, 2013.
See all terms