By Travelzoo Staff
"The jewel of the Jersey shore," the seaside town of Cape May has for more than 200 years attracted everyone from families to presidents with its "impeccably restored inns and quaint vibe" (Frommer's). Travelzoo negotiated a deal that knocks more than 50% off current rates at one of the most popular -- and most historic -- hotels in town, Congress Hall.
Why we love it
- For $159, check in for a one-night stay, Sundays-Thursdays through June 18 or Sept. 8-25. Upgrade to a room with an ocean view for $40 more.
- This deal includes free valet parking, Wi-Fi, two coffees at Tommy's Folly coffee shop, and a $30 dining credit toward fresh seafood and comfort food at the Blue Pig Tavern, rated 4 stars by OpenTable users.
- "The white-colonnade, Tuscan-yellow hotel is all breezy chic," raves Fodor's, with "sky-high ceilings, titan-size Victorian mirrors, glossy black wicker, and potted palms with attitude." Originally opened in 1816, Congress Hall served as the summer White House for President Benjamin Harrison and today offers guests a beachfront lawn, spa, bar and lounge.
- The town of Cape May makes for fabulous strolling, peppered with Victorian cottageswith "exuberant decoration and dazzling colors [that] make even Miami's Art Deco look almost restrained by comparison" (Conde Nast Traveler). Wander the historic streets, past the ships moored in the harbor, and down Washington Street pedestrian mall, lined with ice-cream shops, bars, toy stores and clothing boutiques.
200 Congress Place
Cape May, NJ 08204
What's included & when
- May 28, 2013 - Sept. 26, 2013
- Escape to charming Cape May with a stay at Congress Hall at more than 50% off
Frommer's calls this seaside town "a beautifully preserved Victorian beach resort"
$159 per night in a Town View room (reg. $309)
$199 per night stay in an Ocean View room (reg. $359)
$30 food & beverage credit
2 cups of coffee at Tommy's Folly coffee shop
Free valet parking and Wi-Fi
Travel Sundays-Thursdays now through June 18, as well as midweeks Sept. 8-25
The fine print
Update: May 29-30; June 8 are no longer available. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 888-944-1816 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: June 2-3. This deal is not valid June 19 - Sept. 7. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. All reservations must be made by June 19, 2013. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms