By Travelzoo Staff
"War Horse," winner of five Tony Awards in 2011, will trot into Philadelphia later this month. With this exclusive Local Deal, tickets to the show Newsday called "awe-inspiring" are more than 30% off.
Why we love it
- Amphitheatre Center seats to "War Horse" at Philly's Academy of Music are $27.05
- Upgrade to Parquet, Parquet Circle, Balcony or Family Center seats for $53.05-$59.55 (reg. $80-$90)
- Select weekend, weekday and matinee performances are available Nov. 20-29
- "Miracles abound in the electrifying 'War Horse'" (San Francisco Chronicle)
Nov. 12, 2012 - Nov. 29, 2012
Academy of Music
240 S Broad Street
- The following seating levels are available at the Academy of Music:
- Amphitheatre Center ... $27.05 (reg. $40)
- Parquet, Parquet Circle, Balcony & Family Center ... $53.05-$59.55 (reg. $80-$90)
- The following performances are available:
- Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 23 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 25 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 29 at 2 p.m.
- Note: Tickets for the performance on Friday, Nov. 23, are $30.30-$62.80, regularly $45-$95.
- "War Horse" is the story of a young British boy who follows his horse to Europe's battlefields during World War I. Their story of friendship and courage is told through a unique combination of drama, music and puppetry. The San Francisco Chronicle says, "the inspired puppetry of the performing horses can only expand one's faith in the mystic marvels of living theater."
The fine print
Click "Buy Now," click "Submit," then click on "Performance Dates." Click on "Buy Tickets" next to desired performance date. Click "Choose Your Own Seats" or "Best Available" and select section and quantity. Log in or create a new account and click "Proceed to checkout." Fees of $9 per ticket and $4 per order will be additional. Regular-priced tickets are subject to the same fees. The offer is available online only.