By Travelzoo Staff
Described as “a charming little eatery”
by Scott Joseph
and “a sassy little Mexican restaurant” by the Orlando Sentinel
, La Sirena Gorda Cabana ("The Fat Mermaid") is making waves with its name and cuisine. For $35, regularly $66, two people can whisk away to “picturesque downtown” Sanford for dinner at this eclectic venue (Fodor's
Why we love it
- The Orlando Sentinel says "this eatery ... has what it takes to make a splash"
- For $35, 2 people can whisk away to "picturesque downtown" Sanford for dinner (Fodor's)
- "The decor is a winner" (Scott Joseph)
- Try the cochinita pibil (shredded pork) -- one of La Sirena Gorda's signature dishes
May 23, 2013 - Oct. 5, 2013
La Sirena Gorda Cabana
118 S. Palmetto Ave.
Sanford, FL 32771
- Select from the menu:
- One shared appetizer ("tapas" and "sopas y ensaladas"), like a bowl of sopa de tortilla (tortilla soup) or jalapeno crab dip (up to $12)
- Any two entrees ("platos fuertes"), like house-made tamales or cochinita pibil (shredded pork) -- two of La Sirena Gorda's signature dishes
- Any two margaritas, with flavors like mango, strawberry and coconut
- A glass of wine or beer can be substituted for the margarita. Or use the value of the two margaritas ($18) toward a bottle of wine.
The fine print
Update: The merchant has now opened up availability over Memorial Day weekend (May 25-27). Not valid on any other holidays or holiday weekends. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 26, through Oct. 5, 2013. Valid anytime, but guests are required to order from the dinner menu (not valid on the lunch menu). Reservations are required. Valid for 2 diners only. Limit 2 vouchers per table. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms