By Karl Klockars
After inventing deep-dish pizza over 70 years ago, UNO Pizzeria & Grill brought the iconic Chicago recipe nationwide. Now subscribers can craft their own.
Why we love it
- This is a Travelzoo-exclusive offer; classes have never been available for small groups
- Learn the history of the deep-dish pizza from the family of restaurants that created it
- UNO "permanently [elevated] the bar for pizza around the world" (Serious Eats)
- When we took the class, we loved customizing our pies, learning the proper pizza assembly process (cheese first!) and learning to adapt the recipe to work at home
Aug. 20, 2014 - Dec. 30, 2014; Tuesday-Sunday mornings
UNO Pizzeria & Grill
8250 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
- Reserve a deep-dish pizza-making class for one ($35), two ($69) or four ($129)
- Class includes instruction, a pizza lunch with salad and a beverage
- You'll shape the dough in an UNO deep-dish pan, crush tomatoes to create your own sauce, layer your cheese and add your choice of toppings the way you want them
- Enjoy your custom creation for lunch and take home the recipe to make it again
- Classes are taught by UNO managers with decades of deep-dish knowledge
- For $90, receive four $25 UNO gift cards to give to friends or for a follow-up dinner; shipping is free and they make great gifts
Want to take one of UNO's famous deep-dish pans home with you? Subscribers can take 20% off any merchandise purchased after class.
The fine print
Classes are available Tuesday-Sunday and run from 8:45-10:45 a.m. Reservations required; subject to availability. Must reserve online, visit this page and follow site instructions to reserve class space. Present voucher upon arrival. Gratuity is not included. Please tip on the full value. Minimum four people required for class to take place; if minimum is not met class may be rescheduled. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). Valid for one, two or four people only; may purchase multiple vouchers and visit with a large group.
See all terms