By Travelzoo Staff
"Unmarred vistas of salt marsh, tree islands and winding tidal creeks
" highlight the river trails in the Tampa area, deemed "The Nature Coast" by the Florida Paddling Trails Association
. Explore this picturesque region via kayak on any tour (up to four hours long) with Florida Eco Adventures for $29 per person, regularly up to $65.
Why we love it
- Embark on any kayak tour from Florida Eco Adventures for $29 per person
- Try the Chassahowitzka River tour and spot manatees, alligators and more
- 2 people can head out on the river for $49 -- more than $80 off regular prices
- All tours include gear, basic instruction, gourmet snacks and water; they're also BYOB
Feb. 24, 2013 - July 28, 2013
Florida Eco Adventures
Meeting Locations Vary
Confirm When Making Reservation
Tampa, FL 33602
- Gear, basic instruction, water and gourmet snacks -- such as fruit, cheeses and homemade trail mix -- are provided on all tours. Choose any 3-4 Hour tour, including:
- Crystal River tour, which explores the springs of Kings Bay (3-4 hours)
- Chassahowitzka River tour, with potential sights of alligators, turtles, manatees, raccoons and birds (3-4 hours)
- Friday Sunset Paddle tour (2 hours)
- Fossil Hunt tour on the Peace River, including the instruction and tools you'll need to excavate your own fossils (3-4 hours)
- This same package for two adults is $49, regularly up to $130; opt for a two-person kayak or two single kayaks. Bring along the kids for $15 each, regularly up to $32.50 (ages 3-11).
Guests are welcome to bring their own snacks, bottled water or alcoholic beverages. The single-person kayaks, Liquid Logic
, double as paddleboards so you can sit, stand or kneel during the tour.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, March 2, through July 28, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Tours typically run Saturdays and Sundays. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 12 hours’ notice. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. There is a 300-lb. weight limit per person. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms