By Amanda Retzer
The praises for Chapter One are endless: Zagat rates it "very good to excellent" (24), OC Weekly named it a best new restaurant and it's on four CBS LA "Best Of" lists.
Why we love it
- "This whimsical gastropub presents trendy twists on New American classics" (Zagat)
- OC Weekly says Chapter One is downtown Santa Ana's "next chapter"
- CBS LA named it among the "Best Bars for Foodies in OC"
- Its "farm-grown, high-end food is a touch above the rest" (CBS LA)
- Voted in the top 3 best restaurants in OC in 2012 by the OC Register
Jan. 22, 2014 - June 24, 2014
Chapter One: the modern local
227 N. Broadway
Santa Ana, CA 92701
- $39 for dinner for two from the full menu (reg. $75.50)
Any shared snack, such as smoked salmon croquette, duck fat fries or Filipino Adobo-style sticky wings
Any two entrees, such as homemade potato gnocchi with lamb ragout; Kurobuta pork chop with sweet potato cake; or 72-hour brined Berkshire pork belly buns with kimchi and jalapeno
Any shared dessert, including Thai tea panna cotta and banana bread with bacon-bourbon chocolate
$75 for dinner for four (reg. $151)
$25 for lunch for two including any shared snack or dessert and two entrees (reg. $46 total)
The fine print
Valid Jan. 22, 2014 - June 24, 2014. Reservations required; subject to availability. Valid during merchant's operating hours. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; a 15% gratuity based on the full value will be added (additional gratuity for excellent service is suggested). Limit one voucher per table. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends. Limit one purchase per person; may buy additional as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture.
See all terms