By Travelzoo Staff
Pizzeria Ortica is known for its "fabulous Neapolitan pies" (Zagat), which can "make you feel like you're tasting pizza for the first time," raves OC Weekly. For $49, regularly $92, two can sit down to a prix fixe dinner with wine at this Costa Mesa eatery.
Why we love it
- Zagat rates Pizzeria Ortica "very good to excellent" (23)
- Gayot ranks it among the top OC pizzerias
- LA Times calls the Italian fare "gutsy and accessible"
- Helmed by acclaimed chef David Myers
June 20, 2013 - Sept. 1, 2013
650 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- The meal includes the pizza called "the best in OC" (Zagat) and pasta called "supple and tender" (LA Times):
- An appetizer to share, such as the buffalo mozzarella with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt; or the charred Mediterranean octopus with Yukon gold potatoes, celery hearts and Sicilian capers
- A salad to share (up to $15 value), such as the chopped romaine with treviso, endive, salame Toscano, provolone and olives; or the arugula with treviso, endive, apples, Gorgonzola and candied walnuts
- A pasta to share (up to $16 value), such as the spinach tagliatelle with Bolognese and Parmigiano Reggiano; or the ricotta gnocchi with marinara and Parmigiano Reggiano
- A pizza to share, such as the margherita with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella and basil; or the salame piccante with spicy salame and mixed mushrooms
- Two glasses of select red or white wine
- Or for $85, regularly $169, feast on a family-style dinner for four including two appetizers, a salad, two pastas, two pizzas and four glasses of wine.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, June 20, through Sept. 1, 2013. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Limit 1 voucher per table. Reservations are required. An 18% automatic gratuity will be added to the full value of the check. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms