By Kevin Kitchen
The Museum of Latin American Art is "the only museum in the U.S. dedicated to modern and contemporary Latin American art" (Smithsonian Magazine).
Why we love it
- Save 50% on a basic membership good for general admission for 2 people for the year
- A special exhibition featuring the rarely seen photos of Frida Kahlo will open in March 2014
- Boasts 4 galleries with 12 new exhibitions yearly
- Rated 4 stars on Yelp
Dec. 6, 2013 - June 6, 2014; closed Mondays and Tuesdays
Museum of Latin American Art
628 Alamitos Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90802
- $29 (reg. $60) for a yearlong basic membership; receive one personalized membership card valid for general admission for two people per visit
- Comes with discounted event tickets and free admission to membership events for the entire year
- Also receive a 10% discount on purchases at Museum Store and Cafe Viva
- $39 for a family membership for 4 people (reg. $80), with two membership cards and free general admission for four per visit plus the above benefits
- $69 for a friends and family membership for 5 people (reg. $125), with two membership cards and admission for up to five per visit, plus 2 one-time-use guest admission passes, reciprocal admission to over 650 other museums and the above benefits
The fine print
Valid Dec. 6, 2013 - June 6, 2014. Children 12 years and under are free. Valid Wednesday-Sunday during merchant's operating hours. Limit 1 purchase per person; may buy 2 additional as gifts. If purchase limit is exceeded, subject to forfeiture. Museum is closed on holidays, including Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Day, 4th of July and Thanksgiving. Membership expires 12 months after activation.
See all terms