By Travelzoo Staff
Reel in a range of in-season fish with a ten-hour deep sea fishing excursion with Freelance Newport Beach. For $39 per person, regularly $82, Travelzoo subscribers can venture out to coastal waters or Catalina Island for this excursion, which includes lunch and unlimited bait (live or frozen).
Why we love it
- Choose from four 3/4-day deep sea fishing trips
- Cruise the coast or around Catalina Island
- Try to catch more than 30 varieties of fish
- Trips run 7 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
July 25, 2013 - Jan. 29, 2014
Freelance Newport Beach
400 Main St.
Newport Beach, CA 92661
- Depart Newport Beach to hunt the high seas for white sea bass, halibut, barracuda, yellowtail and other varieties. While on board, the staff serves a lunch, which includes the choice of a cheeseburger, hamburger or grilled cheese with a bag of chips and a nonalcoholic drink. The boat returns to port at 5 p.m.
- Or choose from three other options:
- $76 (reg. $164) gets same trip for two people
- $35 (reg. $71) gets a boarding pass for one person (without meal)
- $68 (reg. $142) gets boarding passes for two people (without meal)
- Trips can be extended for an additional 1.5 hours for an upcharge fee.
The fine print
Update (Monday, July 29, 9 am PST): This deal is no longer available on Saturdays through early September. Vouchers can be redeemed Wed., July 31, through Jan. 29, 2014. Reservations required. Departures subject to minimum load requirement, availability and weather conditions. A fishing license, rod and tackle are not included; can be purchased day of trip. Fishing license required for anyone 16 years old and older. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. An $8 fuel surcharge is not included. Gunny sacks and fish cleaning are an additional fee. Upcharge fee will apply toward extended trips. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms