By Travelzoo Staff
Beach Cities Scuba "was born out of a love of diving," states the OC Register, which calls it a "top learning facility." For $199 per person, regularly $575, Travelzoo subscribers can learn to scuba dive and get certified with a semi-private open-water PADI course at one of the scuba center's four Orange County locations.
Why we love it
- Beach Cities Scuba is "a top learning facility" (OC Register)
- Includes dives, rentals and certification fees
- No more than 12 students per class
- Flexible dates: Pick the weekends you want to dive
July 5, 2013 - Nov. 24, 2013
Beach Cities Scuba
- After a brief Wednesday- or Thursday-night orientation, the course kicks off with a weekend of classroom and pool sessions, in which students learn scuba techniques from an instructor. Then, students can do four open-water dives, diving off either the edge of a boat or from the beach.
- Or for $299 per person, regularly $1,025, get this same package plus two dives with an underwater scooter, which can help pull divers through the water.
- Both packages include tuition, course materials, certification fees, wetsuit and tank rentals. Students must bring their own mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit boots, gloves and logbook, or they can purchase these at the class location for a discounted price.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, July 5, through Nov. 24, 2013. Not valid at Newport Beach location. Online reservations required. Classes are non-transferable. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 12 years of age. Must bring own mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit boots, gloves and logbook, or may purchase on site for a discounted price. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms