By Blaire Constantinou
Walk in the footsteps of Bogart and Bacall at the Balboa Bay Resort, originally opened in 1948 as a private beach club and now a AAA 4-Diamond resort.
Why we love it
- This glamorous property is the only 4-star resort right on the water in Orange County
- "Retains late '40s charm but with many modern-day amenities," according to Frommer's
- Visit the First Cabin restaurant, reminiscent of a cruise ship, and Duke's Place, a bar named after former club member John Wayne
- Its prime Newport Beach location is just minutes from picturesque Balboa Island and the upscale Fashion Island mall
Balboa Bay Resort
1221 West Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663
What's included & when
- Through Jan. 31, 2014
- $229 per night for two in a 500-square-foot Courtyard View room with a private veranda
- Bottle of wine to enjoy in the room (reg. $35)
- Valet parking and nightly hospitality fee (reg. $48)
for flights into Orange County's John Wayne Airport.
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 949-645-5000 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Oct. 6-7, 12-14, 19, 21-23, 31; Nov. 1; Dec. 20-21, 31; Jan. 4-6, 24-28. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms