By Travelzoo Staff
Naming it a Critics' Pick, William Grimes of The New York Times
says "there really is no substitute for eating in a place like the Carlyle." For $125, Travelzoo subscribers can experience the cuisine of chef Jacques Sorci, a member of the prestigious Maitres Cuisiniers de France and the Academie Culinaire de France.
Why we love it
- For $125, experience an exclusive dinner for 2 at The Carlyle Restaurant
- Regularly $228, dinner includes 2 appetizers, entrees and desserts from a special menu by Chef Sorci
- Guests also receive 2 glasses of sparkling wine
- The New York Times named The Carlyle Restaurant a Critics' Pick
- Zagat praises its "old-world" atmosphere and "refined" French cuisine
- For $54 more, follow dinner with a table and cocktails at Bemelmans Bar
Jan. 8, 2013 - March 31, 2013
The Carlyle Restaurant
35 East 76th St.
New York, NY 10021
- Settle into The Carlyle Restaurant's "old-world" dining room that Zagat awards a 27 for decor, calling it "synonymous with class."
- With this Local Deal for two people, select items from an exclusive menu that features dishes from the regular menu as well as special items, including:
- Two appetizers, such as steak tartare, jumbo lump crab cakes and escargots
- Two entrees, including choices like Kobe steak, Maine lobster Thermidor and roasted Long Island duck
- Two desserts, like Grand Marnier souffle and a chocolate tasting plate
- Two glasses of Louis Roederer Estate sparkling wine
- Make a night of it: For $179, get this dinner plus a table and two drinks at Bemelmans Bar, normally $320. Sip your choice of Bemelmans' famous cocktails, like the Whiskey Smash, while enjoying what Zagat calls the "super-sophisticated" atmosphere and the "whimsical" murals by "Madeline" author Ludwig Bemelmans.
- Note: Men are required to wear jackets at The Carlyle Restaurant.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Jan. 9, through March 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. This voucher is valid for 2 diners only. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends; not valid on Feb. 14. Valid Sunday-Thursday only. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. 20% gratuity will be added to the full retail value of the check. Men are required to wear jackets. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms