By Travelzoo Staff
Pennsylvania wine-making is "growing a big fan base"
according to CBS Philly, and Sand Castle Winery along the Bucks County Wine Trail has award-winning wines to sample. For $20, take part in a VIP Educational Tour at this scenic vineyard on the Delaware River, rated 4 stars on TripAdvisor. This experience for two is regularly $40.
Why we love it
- For $20, 2 people can taste wines and tour Sand Castle Winery during a VIP Educational Tour
- Regularly $40, this experience includes tastings of 11 wines and 2 souvenir glasses to take home
- Enjoy vistas of the Delaware River and rolling vineyards of the Bucks County Wine Trail
- Sand Castle Winery has been featured on CBS Philly and is rated 4 stars on TripAdvisor
Sept. 30, 2012 - Feb. 2, 2013
Sand Castle Winery
755 River Road
Erwinna, PA 18920
- This Local Deal includes:
- 11 red and white wine tastings per person, including the award-winning Johannisberg Riesling Late Harvest, the popular Alpine Spice dessert wine and a special vintage of the day
- Insight into the world of wine-making as well as tips of the trade for wine purchase, storage, serving and appreciation from an expert wine educator
- Guided tour of the underground wine cellar and main castle, complete with an explanation of the process of aging and storing wine
- Two souvenir wine glasses to take home
- Tours take place at 1 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Plan a group excursion and get additional savings: for $39, four people can experience a VIP Educational Tour of Sand Castle Winery, regularly $80.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sunday, Oct. 7, through Feb. 2, 2013. Classes are held on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Check website for class times. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher per person. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms