By Travelzoo Staff
Deep in the rolling terrain of central Pennsylvania, the AAA 4-Diamond Nittany Lion Inn is offering an exclusive $189 deal, saving nearly 50% on current rates. This historic Colonial-style inn has hosted several notables -- including two presidents -- since it was built in 1931, and is a member of the Historic Hotels of America.
Why we love it
- On the grounds of Pennsylvania State University, settle in at one of America’s Top College Hotels as named by Travel + Leisure. Arrive daily through July 31, or Aug. 5-8, 11-13, 28-29 and Sept. 1-4. This package includes a $25 on-site dining credit, bottle of wine and breakfast buffet for two.
- Lap up the endless list of activities in the third best college town in the country (American Institute for Economic Research) starting with a visit to the Penn State Creamery, of which the Ben & Jerry’s founders are alumni. Hike the trails at the Stone Valley Recreation Area, play a round of golf at the PGA-rated courses or drive five minutes downtown and unwind at one of the many restaurants or bars.
- Celebrate Fourth of July at 4thFest, with multiple music venues and a fireworks display ranked among the nation’s best.
The Nittany Lion Inn
200 West Park Avenue
State College, PA 16803
What's included & when
- April 10, 2013 - Sept. 4, 2013
- B&B escape for 2 at the Nittany Lion Inn for nearly half off
- $189 for 1 night in a deluxe room or suite
- $25 dining credit
- Includes a bottle of wine and breakfast buffet for 2
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and valet parking
- Daily through July 31, plus Aug. 5-8, 11-13, 28-29; Sept. 1-4
The Nittany Lion Inn can arrange tours of Beaver Stadium upon request, including complimentary transportation to and from the stadium, and VIP seating at the 4thFest fireworks display.
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 814-865-8500 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: April 18-20, 27; May 3-5, 24-26, 31; June 1, 3, 7-8, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29; July 10-14, 20, 25-26. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms