By Travelzoo Staff
"The jewel of the Jersey shore," the seaside town of Cape May has for more than 200 years attracted everyone from families to presidents with its "impeccably restored inns and quaint vibe" (Frommer's). Travelzoo negotiated a deal at one of the most popular -- and most historic -- hotels in town, Congress Hall, that knocks more than 40% off current rates.
Why we love it
- For $100, check in for a one-night stay Sundays-Thursdays, through March 21 or April 8-30. You'll stay in one of the top rooms at the hotel -- a room with a view of the ocean, a king bed and a bathroom stocked with Aveda products.
- "The white-colonnade, Tuscan-yellow hotel is all breezy chic," raves Fodor's, with "sky-high ceilings, titan-size Victorian mirrors, glossy black wicker, and potted palms with attitude." Originally opened in 1816, Congress Hall served as a summer White House and today offers guests a breezy beachfront lawn, spa, bar and lounge, and fresh seafood and comfort food at the Blue Pig Tavern, rated 4 stars by OpenTable users.
- The town of Cape May makes for fabulous strolling, peppered with Victorian cottages painted up with "exuberant decoration and dazzling colors [that] make even Miami's Art Deco look almost restrained by comparison" (Conde Nast Traveler). Wander the historic streets, past the ships moored in the harbor, and down Washington Street pedestrian mall, lined with ice cream shops, bars, toy stores and clothing boutiques.
200 Congress Place
Cape May, NJ 08204
What's included & when
- Jan. 15, 2013 - April 30, 2013
- Escape to charming Cape May with a stay at Congress Hall, an oceanfront hotel originally opened in 1816 that once served as a summer White House
- Frommer's calls the seaside town of Cape May "a beautifully preserved Victorian beach resort" and "the jewel of the Jersey shore"
- $100 for 1 night in a room with ocean views and a king bed (reg. $169)
- Travel Sundays-Thursdays, Jan. 16 - March 21 or April 8-30
- For $55, grab dinner and drinks for 2 at the hotel's Blue Pig Tavern
- Indulge in a champagne spa day with hot stone massage with this deal that saves nearly 50%
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 888-944-1816 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Feb. 17. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms