By Metra Farrari
Escape to North Carolina's Outer Banks at the AAA 4-Diamond Sanderling Resort, hailed as "one of the three great resorts in the entire state" (Frommer's).
Why we love it
- Browse art galleries, visit the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and savor local seafood in "one of the most affluent and eco-sensitive pockets of posh in the Outer Banks" (Frommer's)
- The elegant resort features a restaurant, an award-winning spa, an indoor pool and discounted access to the Pine Island Racquet Club
- Avoid the peak summer crowds when rates typically top $300
- The resort is about a 1.5-hour drive from Norfolk and Virginia Beach
1461 Duck Rd.
Duck, NC 27949
What's included & when
- Through March 31; blackout dates apply
- $129 per night Sundays-Thursdays; $10 more for a weekend stay
- Two-night packages are further discounted starting at $249 for a midweek visit
- All packages include an upgraded Oceanside King or Queen room, which are located on the second floor and feature views of the scenic sand dunes from a private balcony
The fine print
Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 888-965-6154 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Not available on: Feb. 15; March 14-15. A resort fee of $15 plus tax per night is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel. This fee covers gratuities for housekeeping, wireless Internet, parking, newspapers, morning coffee, access to the steam room and indoor pool, and fitness center. Based on double occupancy. This hotel is not pet-friendly. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms