By Metra Farrari
Stay at a hotel less than a mile from Duke University's campus in Durham, N.C. -- deemed "a city that is definitely worth exploring" by Fodor's -- for over 40% off.
Why we love it
- Campus landmarks such as Duke Chapel and Cameron Indoor Stadium, one of Sports Illustrated's Top 20 Venues of the 20th Century, can be reached with the shuttle service
- Downtown Durham is home to a historic tobacco factory, now a vibrant entertainment and dining venue
- The town of Chapel Hill is 10 miles from the hotel
Millennium Hotel Durham
2800 Campus Walk Ave.
Durham, NC 27705
What's included & when
- Travel daily through Nov. 30, 2014
- $89 for a one-night stay; stay two nights for $169
- Includes daily breakfast (reg. $28) and complimentary Wi-Fi
- Unlimited daily shuttle service to major local attractions
- Room price based on up to two adults; children under 18 are free
Catch a last-minute Durham Bulls baseball game
, famously portrayed in the movie "Bull Durham."
The fine print
Not available on: Aug. 18-19; Sept. 26-29; Oct. 3-4, 17-18, 24-25; Nov. 8, 14-15, 21-22. Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 919-383-8575 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Based on double occupancy. Additional adults are $20 per night. Shuttle service is local. Children under 18 years of age are free. Parking is complimentary. This hotel is not pet-friendly. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms