By Travelzoo Staff
New York Magazine named Empellón Taqueria one of the Ten Best New Restaurants of 2011, praising chef Alex Stupak's "high-end tacos" and the "casually elegant" vibe. For $39, Travelzoo subscribers can check out this West Village hot spot that The New York Times selects as a Critics' Pick and calls "captivating."
Why we love it
- Empellón Taqueria was named one of the Best New Restaurants of 2011 by New York Magazine
- This West Village hot spot is also a New York Times Critics' Pick
- For $39, 2 can share a lunch of "high-minded Mexicana" and "killer drinks" (Zagat)
March 12, 2013 - May 14, 2013
230 W. 4th Street
New York, NY 10014
- This Local Deal for lunch for two from Empellón Taqueria's new prix-fixe menu includes:
- Two appetizers, choose either the beets with yogurt and pasilla-cherry salsa or the kabocha squash with pickled jalapeño
- Two taco entrees, with choices like fish tempura with cabbage and lime mayonnaise, skirt steak with mojo de ajo or shortrib pastrami with pickled cabbage and mustard seed salsa
- Dessert to share, such as the chocolate flan with caramel, cocoa-masa streusel and cinnamon ice cream
- Two house margaritas, which Zagat calls "killer"
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, March 14, through May 14, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Lunch is served Monday-Friday from 11:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Valid for 2 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms