By Travelzoo Staff
The New York Times calls the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City "a stirring celebration of ... rich aviation heritage." For $21 (regularly $42), two can take part in that celebration with museum admission, a film or show at the Dome Theater or JetBlue Sky Theater Planetarium, and a carousel ride.
Why we love it
- For $21 (reg. $42), 2 can see a film and explore the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City
- Includes museum admission, a Giant Screen Dome film or planetarium show and a carousel ride
- The same package for 4 people is $39 (reg. $84)
- The new planetarium features a 76-foot-diameter screen and 6 high-def digital projectors
- The New York Times calls the museum "a stirring celebration" of aviation history
April 28, 2013 - July 29, 2013
Cradle of Aviation Museum
1 Davis Ave.
Entrance on Museum Row - Charles Lindbergh Blvd.
Garden City, NY 11530
- The new planetarium opened in October and features a 76-foot-diameter tilted dome screen and six high-def digital projectors that make the audience feel "virtually surrounded by planets, stars and other heavenly bodies," according to Newsday. The JetBlue Sky Theater Planetarium is currently running three shows: "Passport to the Universe," narrated by Tom Hanks, "We are Astronomers" and "One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure," ideal for younger viewers.
- After a planetarium show or a Giant Screen Dome Theater film, such as "Whales" or "Antarctic Adventure," check out the artifacts while exploring eight galleries, including exhibits like "The Golden Age" or "The Jet Age." The museum boasts 75 aircraft ranging from biplanes to a lunar space module.
- End your visit with a ride on a restored 1912 carousel, located in its own building adjacent to the museum.
Bring the whole family and save even more. This same package is available for four people for $39 (regularly $84).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 29, through July 29, 2013. Not valid on special fundraising event days including but not limited to June 15. Movie tickets must be redeemed on same day of museum admission. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms