By Travelzoo Staff
Each certified pilot at GPN Helicopters has more than 20 years of flying experience. For $125, Travelzoo subscribers can take to the skies during an introductory helicopter training flight, regularly $220.
Why we love it
- For $125, experience an introductory helicopter training flight at GPN Helicopters
- Regularly $220, this lesson includes ground training and a 15-minute flight
- Students are in control of the helicopter during the entire flight
- For $139, get a flight lesson plus roundtrip transportation from Manhattan
- A group of 3 can ride together in an R44 Raven II
- Receive a certificate of training completion to be used toward obtaining a pilot's license
Dec. 19, 2012 - June 22, 2013
Lincoln Park Airport
425 Beaverbrook Road
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
- Following 30 minutes of FAA-regulated ground training, climb aboard a two-person R22 Beta and spend 15 minutes at the controls of a state-of-the-art helicopter. Qualified instructors serve as co-pilots, guiding students through basic maneuvers and guarding the controls.
- For $139, get the training flight plus roundtrip transportation from Manhattan on the weekends (pickup locations at 47th and 10th Avenue as well as 81st and Columbus).
- Invite your friends: While only one person can fly the helicopter during the lesson, if one or two friends also buy vouchers, a group can ride in a four-person R44 Raven II (maximum three passengers) while taking in views of the Manhattan skyline.
- Note: For more information about lesson options, call 973-316-0200 before purchasing.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Dec. 21, through June 22, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Transportation from Manhattan is only available on the weekends. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours' notice. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be at least 14 years old and less than 265 pounds to participate. If under 18, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms