By Karl Klockars
This unique museum's mission is to feature "the obscure, the forgotten and the strangely beautiful" (NY Times). Curious members can visit for half off.
Why we love it
- The museum has been featured by the Daily Beast, Mental Floss and Newsweek
- Located two blocks from the Ninth Street station in Gowanus
- "Curiosities meet at the intersection of art, science, death and beauty" (Wall Street Journal)
- Features anatomical art, medical collections and artifacts
Through Feb. 22, 2015; noon to 6 p.m. daily (closed Tuesday)
The Morbid Anatomy Museum
424 3rd. Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11215
- For $11 (reg. $20), receive two Adult or Senior admissions; children 12 and under are free
- Admission allows access to the temporary "Art of Mourning" exhibit and the permanent "Morbid Anatomy Library" collection
- For $25 (reg. $50), receive an annual membership for one person; membership for two is also available for $45 (reg. $100)
- Includes unlimited access to the exhibition space and the library, a 10% gift store discount, free admission to the lecture of your choice and discounts on special events
- Membership details are here; upcoming lecture series details are here
The fine print
Valid during merchant's operating hours. Reservations not required for admission; present voucher upon arrival to redeem. Membership offer valid one year from date of redemption. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value. Admission offer valid for two people; membership valid for one person. Not valid on products. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use admission voucher in one visit.