By Travelzoo Staff
A former whaling village on the north coast of Long Island's South Fork, the town of Sag Harbor offers "a relaxed, bayside alternative to the high-powered Hamptons a few miles away" (Coastal Living). This region, ringed with beaches and cool waters, is rarely discounted during the warmer months, but this exclusive Travelzoo deal drops prices as much as 60%.
Why we love it
- Check in to the cleanly chic Forever Bungalows for $99 per night, Sundays-Thursdays through June 20 as well as Sundays-Thursdays, Sept. 3 - Nov. 26. Two-night stays are also discounted, including over the weekend. Stay during summer's peak, midweek June 23 - Aug. 28, with a two-night package that shaves $181 off current rates.
- Washed in beachy minimalism, the rooms feature sleek Scandinavian furnishings, one queen or two twin beds, and free Wi-Fi. Bikes can be rented for a scenic cycle around the bay, where free beach passes for two grant you access to some top-rated sand.
- Less than two miles down the road, Sag Harbor's centuries-old Main Street is steeped in "a strong maritime flavor" (Fodor's), with galleries, an Art Deco theater and a 1789 Custom House that served as an early point of entry to the U.S. Colonists and fishermen filled the rest of the village with Greek-revival and Victorian homes, all immaculately preserved and set against the backdrop of the marina, where flocks of sailboats drift under the sun.
- Sag Harbor is about a 2.5-hour drive east of Manhattan and about 15 minutes from East Hampton.
765 Route 114
Sag Harbor, NY 11963
What's included & when
- May 30, 2013 - Nov. 26, 2013
- 60% off an escape at Forever Bungalows in Sag Harbor, a "coastal dream town" (Coastal Living)
Rooms include 1 queen or 2 twin beds and daily beach passes for 2
$99 per night, Sundays-Thursdays; $169 for 2 nights
$349 2-night stay, arrive Friday or Saturday
Travel through June 20 as well as Sept. 3 - Nov. 26
- Peak summer option: Stay 2 nights, arriving Sundays-Wednesdays June 23 - Aug. 28, for $399 (reg. $580)
The fine print
Update: Due to the popularity of this deal, two-night stays in June are no longer available. Two-night vouchers can still be redeemed during other months. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 631-591-0512 or email alistair.maclean@foreverbungalows.
See all terms
com to check availability on desired travel dates. Once you know your travel dates, you must email the address above to make a reservation. Reservations cannot be confirmed by phone, only via email. Not available on: July 3-4. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.