By Travelzoo Staff
Distinguished Concerts International New York presents two concerts at Carnegie Hall during Martin Luther King Day weekend with tickets starting at only $10, regularly $20. Composers/conductors Jonathan Willcocks and Francisco Nunez perform "The Sounds of War and Peace: Chapter 1" on Sunday, and acclaimed composer Karl Jenkins' U.S. premiere of "Songs of the Earth" will be performed on Monday.
Why we love it
- See 2 concerts at Carnegie Hall during Martin Luther King Day weekend
- All seats are discounted 50%, $10-$50 (reg. $20-$100)
Composers and conductors Jonathan Willcocks, Francisco Nunez and Karl Jenkins will lead the orchestra during the 2-night event
- Promo code ZOO15963 is needed to book the deal; please see below for booking instructions.
Jan. 1, 2013 - Jan. 22, 2013
Martin Luther King Weekend Concerts
Seventh Avenue & 57th St.
New York City, NY 10019
- The following seats are discounted to the concerts on Sunday, Jan. 20, at 8:30 p.m. and Monday, Jan. 21, at 7 p.m.:
- Parquet Side and Rear ... $10 (reg. $20)
- Second Tier ... $30 (reg. $60)
- Parquet Middle and First Tier ... $50 (reg. $100)
- According to The Independent (UK), "Jenkins is a rarity among contemporary composers, balancing popularity with innovation." Willcocks and Nunez are both award-winning composers.
- Booking Instructions
- To purchase tickets, click "Buy Now." Choose a concert and click "On Sale Now." Click "Buy Tickets." Enter promo code ZOO15963 and click "Apply Promotion." Choose a seating section and seats from the interactive map and click "Add to Cart." Review order and click "Check Out." Log in or create an account to finish purchase.
The fine print
See the Booking Instructions below for step-by-step information on booking. Restrictions may apply. Fees of $1-$6 are additional.