By Heather Georgianna
Save 50% on a swamp boat tour for two through Jean Lafitte National Park and "see abundant wildlife in a nature preserve" (National Geographic).
Why we love it
- The park is "a treasure trove" of Louisiana's historic riches (National Park Foundation)
- Awarded an impressive 4.5 stars from TripAdvisor users and a Certificate of Excellence
- Recommended by USA Today, the tours are a "fun, educational and exciting experience"
Nov. 7, 2013 - Feb. 7, 2014
Jean Lafitte Swamp Tours
6601 Leo Kerner Lafitte Pkwy.
Marrero, LA 70072
- For $25 (reg. $50), two can climb aboard a Cajun-style boat tour through the Louisiana swamplands in Jean Lafitte National Park
- Spend 90 minutes exploring the bayous and catch sight of plant and animal life including moss-draped cypress, alligators, snakes, egrets and white-tailed deer
- Single tickets can be purchased for $15 (reg. $25); children 3 years and under ride for free
The fine print
Tours run daily at 10 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3:45 p.m. (seasonal depending on sunset). Reservations required. Call 504-689-4186 to make a reservation and reference voucher. Please check in at ticket booth prior to boarding and exchange voucher for ticket. Please arrive 30 minutes before departure. Children 3 years and under ride for free.
See all terms