By Travelzoo Staff
Once the home of famous impressionist Edgar Degas, The Degas House in Esplanade Ridge is the only home of the artist open to the public and is a Fodor's Choice for 2011 and 2012. Travelzoo subscribers can now visit this 4.5-star (TripAdvisor) gem with a choice of two Local Deals:
Why we love it
- Edgar Degas resided here from 1872-1873
- Get a Creole breakfast and/or The Degas House tour
- The tour is led by Edgar's great-grandnieces
- "Meticulously maintained" and "luxe" (Fodor's)
June 4, 2013 - Sept. 5, 2013
Edgar Degas House Museum Courtyard, Bed & Breakfast
2306 Esplanade Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70119
- For $13 per person (reg. $25), take the Edgar Degas House Pre-Impressionist Tour, which includes exploring both houses and viewing Degas' 18 Nola artworks and the film "Degas in New Orleans, a Creole Sojourn," which won three awards, including the Gold Award at the Flagstaff Film Festival. Also included are the neighborhood walking tour and a viewing of Degas' New Orleans letters. The tour is a little more than two hours.
- For $59 for two people (reg. $115), get the Creole Breakfast and the tour. Breakfast is served at 9 a.m. and includes a choice of French waffles with fresh bananas, over-sized Creole omelets, French toast topped with caramelized bananas as well as a bloody mary or mimosa each. The meal is followed by the tour. Also included is a $15 certificate for dinner at the highly rated nearby Cafe Degas.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, June 7, through Sept. 5, 2013. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 1 additional voucher may be purchased as a gift. Reservations required. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Limit 1 voucher per party/table. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms