By Travelzoo Staff
Explore the grounds of the St. Joseph Plantation
, a working sugar-cane plantation on Great River Road, an area lined with massive, historic households that are "closely tied to New Orleans culture and society
" (Fodor's). This authentic, one-hour tour, starting at $15 for two adults, provides a real glimpse into plantation life during the early 1800s.
Why we love it
- Tour the historic St. Joseph Plantation for half off the regular price
- This deal costs $15 for 2 adults, $29 for 4, and $19 for a family pass (2 adults and 2 kids)
- TripAdvisor users give St. Joseph 4.5 stars
- Users praise the "authentic" tour and informative guides, many of whom are family members
May 15, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
St. Joseph Plantation
3535 Highway 18
Vacherie, LA 70090
- Take in the expansive 1,000-acre grounds while learning about the storied history of the sugar cane industry. Tours are led by family members who are brimming with historical knowledge about St. Joseph and the surrounding area. Guests will see the original slave cabins, blacksmith shop, carpenter quarters and other on-site structures.
- Tour with a group and save more -- four can explore the grounds for $29 (regularly $60), and a family pass for two adults and two children is $19 (regularly $44).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, May 16, through Sept. 30, 2013. Tours are held daily on the hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; the plantation is closed on Wednesdays. Reservations are not required. Not valid on major holidays. Family passes are valid for children 6-18 years old only. Children under 6 are admitted for free. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms