By Travelzoo Staff
Escape the city and take in the landscape and wildlife of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary off the coast of Santa Cruz with a two-hour nature kayak excursion. For $29 per person, regularly $58, set out on a weekday with Venture Quest Kayaking, which earns an overall 100% positive rating from Travelzoo subscribers.
Why we love it
- "Friendly, helpful and fun" staff get rave reviews
- 4.5-star average rating from Yelp users
- Spot sea otters, seals, sea lions and more
- Go on a Saturday or Sunday for $6 more
June 27, 2013 - Sept. 15, 2013
Venture Quest Kayaking
2 Municipal Wharf Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Once you depart from the Santa Cruz Wharf, get up-close views of seals, sea otters and marine birds as you paddle past Lighthouse Point while a guide explains the area's history and ecology. Weekend trips are available for $35 per person, regularly $58. Buy multiple vouchers for a fun group outing; single and double kayaks are available and all gear is included.
The fine print
The $29 vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, June 27, through Sept. 13, 2013; only valid Monday-Friday. The $35 vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, June 29, through Sept. 15, 2013; only valid Saturday-Sunday. Reservations are required at least 48 hours in advance. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Signed waiver required. Must be 8 years old or older to participate. Maximum weight limit is 240 pounds. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms