By Travelzoo Staff
Answer the call of the wild with a two-night cabin escape in the Minnesota Northwoods for $249 for two guests, a savings of 50% on current rates. This exclusively negotiated deal at Gunflint Lodge in Grand Marais includes a half-day boat and motor rental for fishing or navigating the cool blue waters of Gunflint Lake.
Why we love it
- Arrive Sunday-Wednesdays through Dec. 18 to experience this lakeside resort, which features a bounty of seasonal activities like horseback riding, hiking and biking, and skiing and snowmobiling in the winter months.
- Families or groups of friends can take advantage of cabins that sleep three or four people, priced at $369 and $499 respectively. Each private cabin is located along the lakeshore, with one to four bedrooms, up to two bathrooms, a wood-burning fireplace and a kitchen or kitchenette.
- The true draw of this remote region is the Boundary Waters, an area of the Superior National Forest known for scenic canoe trips. Guests can add a three-day Adventure Canoe Trip with camping gear to any cabin package for $179 per person. Or take a four-day canoe and camping trip that includes one night in a private bunk house for $199 (or $99 per child ages 4-12). Both options include use of a canoe and paddles, tent, food, maps, route planning, permit reservation, parking and a post-trip shower for daily arrivals through Oct. 12.
143 S. Gunflint Lake
Grand Marais, MN 55604
What's included & when
- May 13, 2013 - Dec. 18, 2013
- Minnesota Northwoods escape at the lakeside Gunflint Lodge at half off
$249 for 2 nights in a cabin that sleeps 2 (reg. $498)
$369 for 2 nights in a cabin that sleeps 3 (reg. $568)
$499 for 2 nights in a cabin that sleeps 4 (reg. $638)
Each deal includes a half-day boat and motor rental
Sunday-Wednesday arrivals through Dec. 18
Add a 3-day Adventure Canoe Trip through the Boundary Waters, including canoe, tent, food & gear for $179 per person
Also available: Those only interested in the Boundary Waters excursion can opt for a 4-day package that starts with 1 night in a private bunk house before the canoe trip for $199 per person ($99 for kids)
Canoe trip packages are available for arrivals any day of the week through Oct. 12 (when the season ends)
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo, then call the resort directly at 800-328-3325 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. An 8% resort fee is not included and will be paid directly to the resort. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms