By Travelzoo Staff
Head up to Wisconsin's Northwoods for a secluded retreat in the sprawling Chequamegon National Forest. The Chicago Tribune proclaims the area is "paradise for anglers in search of some of the best freshwater fishing on the continent." This 45%-off package from Cable Nature Lodge includes a two-night stay plus a $50 dining credit at locally popular Rookery Pub. Visit daily through June 13, or arrive Sundays-Wednesdays June 16 - Oct. 15.
Why we love it
- The surrounding area and its history serve as the namesakes for the cozy rooms at the lodge, like the Chequamegon room honoring the beautiful forest, or the White Pine room making tribute to the tree type felled by the North Wisconsin Lumber Company that once occupied the lodge's 22 acres.
- An area favorite, the on-site Rookery Pub serves locally sustained fare with nibbles like Wisconsin cheese fondue served with rosemary olive oil bread or heartier dishes like herb-crusted bison tenderloin with roasted potatoes.
- Filled with rivers, streams and lakes teeming with musky and walleye, the area is not only a fisherman's dream, but includes trails for hiking and biking, or cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter. Golf courses are abundant in the Cable and Hayward area.
- Cable, Wis., is 1.5 hours from Duluth, three hours from Minneapolis, 4.5 hours from Green Bay and six hours from Milwaukee.
Cable Nature Lodge
20100 County Highway M
Cable, WI 54821
What's included & when
- Jan. 31, 2013 - Oct. 15, 2013
- 2-night Wisconsin Northwoods retreat at Cable Nature Lodge for more than 45% off
- $129 in a Queen room or $159 in a King room
- Includes $50 dining credit at the on-site top-rated restaurant
- Travel daily through June 13; Sunday-Wednesday arrivals June 16 - Oct. 15
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 715-794-2060 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on Feb. 14-16, 21-23; May 25-26. Rookery Pub is closed on Tue. and Wed. until June 18. Opens at 4:30 p.m. for dinner. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms