By Travelzoo Staff
The Guthrie Theater presents Eugene O'Neill's Pulitzer Prize-winning play, "Long Day's Journey Into Night," for the first time, benefiting from the "outstanding" and "formidable" cast (Minneapolis Star Tribune) you'd expect at this respected venue. Travelzoo subscribers can catch select performances of this classic American drama through Feb. 20 for half the regular price, with tickets starting at $14.50.
Why we love it
- Catch the "outstanding" cast of "Long Day's Journey Into Night" (Minneapolis Star Tribune) at the Guthrie Theater
- Tickets start at $14.50 for select evening shows through Feb. 20
- The Pioneer Press says this rendition of "one of the classics of American theater" is "riveting"
Jan. 28, 2013 - Feb. 20, 2013
'Long Day's Journey Into Night'
818 S. Second St.
Minneapolis, MN 55415
- Discounted seats are available for 7:30 p.m. shows Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday at four price levels:
- Area 4 ... $14.50, reg. $29
- Area 3 ... $17, reg. $34
- Area 2 ... $21.50, reg. $43
- Area 1 ... $26, reg. $52
- "Long Day's Journey Into Night" is a drama about addiction and the resulting family dynamic, loosely based on the playwright's life. Since its debut in the 1950s, the Tony Award winner for Best Play has been restaged frequently. The Star Tribune praises the Guthrie Theater's version for "an ensemble that delivers at the top of their form."
- Booking Instructions
- To purchase this offer, call the Guthrie Box Office at 612-377-2224 and mention the code TRAVELZOO. To view a seat map, click here.
The fine print
To purchase this offer, call the Guthrie Box Office at 612-377-2224 and mention the code TRAVELZOO, or visit the box office in person. Not valid online, with other offers or on previously purchased tickets. A handling fee of $3 per ticket will apply to phone orders. Photo credit: Michael Brosilow