By Travelzoo Staff
With more than 80 locations in Brazil, Makis Place just opened its first U.S. location in Coconut Grove. Debuting in September, the restaurant has made a name for itself with its signature dish -- the temaki (hand-rolled sushi in a cone). For $30, try this unique Japanese cuisine and order $60 worth of food and drinks.
Why we love it
- Coconut Grove is home to the first U.S. location of Makis Place
- There are more than 80 locations in Brazil
- Get $60 worth of food and drinks, which covers dinner or lunch for 2 or a group
- Try the temaki and choose from more than 50 combinations
- Earns a 4-star Yelp rating
July 10, 2013 - Sept. 29, 2013
3015 Grand Ave.
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
- Choose from the entire menu, which features more than 50 temaki choices like berry salmon ($7), mixed fish and avocado ($8) and octopus ($8). Sashimi options include white fish ($7), salmon ($8) and tuna ($9).
- Or try sushi rolls like uramaki California ($8) and uramaki breaded shrimp ($9). If you have room for dessert, satisfy your sweet tooth with sweet temaki ($6) or an alfajor, a chocolate cookie filled with dulce de leche ($3).
- Drinks, including beer, sake and wine, are also available. Opt for red or white wine ($5) or sake ($4).
- Use the $60 however you want. This easily covers dinner or lunch for two, or gather some friends and have a group meal.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, July 11, through Sept. 29, 2013. Valid for lunch or dinner. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person; may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 2 vouchers per table. Valid for dine-in or takeout. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms