By Travelzoo Staff
Mix together an award-winning fusion of Coral Gables culture and history with a nine-hole mini-golf course and you get the Coral Gables Museum. Visit this Best Museum (Miami New Times 2011) and gain admission for two plus a round of golf each for $12, regularly $20.
Why we love it
- Each mini-golf hole features the work of a different architect
- Miami New Times named it the Best Museum (2011)
- Housed in the city's original police and fire station
- Rotating exhibits include the Capture Coral Gables Photography Contest
July 24, 2013 - Sept. 29, 2013
Coral Gables Museum
285 Aragon Ave.
Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Housed in a "restored version of the city's original 1930 coral rock police and fire station" (Frommer's), the museum features rotating exhibits that focus on architecture, art and historical pieces. Current displays include Golf in the Gables, with photos of famed golfers playing the region's courses dating as far back as the 1920s through present day. Or check out the 2nd Annual Capture Coral Gables Photography Contest and Exhibit showcasing nearly 80 photographs selected by a professional jury in categories like Architecture, Events and Landscape/Nature.
- Plus tee off on the mini-golf course, featuring nine holes, each designed by their own renowned local architect with names like "The Swamp," "The Ole Biltmore #7" and "Wells Fargo’s Trail to Fortune."
- Note: The pictured exhibits are from past displays. Check here for the most up-to-date presentations.
This offer covers adult admission but children ages 6-12 are only $3 through the museum and those five and under are free.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, July 26, through Sept. 29, 2013. Present voucher upon arrival. The museum is closed on Mondays. Adult admission is valid for ages 13 and up. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms