By Travelzoo Staff
Prime season for bonefish, baby tarpon and permit kicks off as waters cool down this fall. With this Local Deal from Captain Todd Ziels of Fish Florida Keys Flats, embark on a private, all-inclusive fishing excursion for two, led by an experienced guide. Regularly $400, this half-day flats fishing trip is $199 for Travelzoo subscribers.
Why we love it
- For $199, take a guided half-day, all-inclusive fishing excursion for 2 people including gear, bait and licenses with Captain Todd Ziels of Fish Florida Keys Flats, regularly $400
- Trips are private; it's just you, a friend and the captain
- Current trips will likely be filled with catches of bonefish, permit and baby tarpon with the cooler waters of the season approaching
- This 4-hour excursion runs twice daily at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Departure locations depend on the time of year, water conditions and fish patterns
Sept. 17, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
Captain Todd Ziels of Fish Florida Keys Flats
Meeting Spot Will Be Given Upon Making Reservation
Marathon, FL 33050
- Captain Todd knows the Marathon region like the back of his hand, with expertise in local water conditions and fish patterns. He will determine the best spot for fishing before your trip, which can be scheduled early morning at 8 a.m. or mid-afternoon at 1 p.m. Then it's time to scour the flats in a shallow-water, three-person skiff. Keep an eye out for "nervous water" or "muds" -- small puffs of stirred-up bottom created by foraging fish, as Captain Todd describes.
- Click here for more information on the types of fish you can expect to encounter depending on the season.
- This package includes all of the gear needed, including fishing equipment, license, tackle, lures and bait; the captain recommends you bring snacks, water, sunglasses, a hat and sunscreen.
After experiencing this trip ourselves, we recommend wearing water shoes so you can jump in the water and get the real feel for flats fishing.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 18, through Feb. 28, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Please reserve as soon as possible to ensure requested date. Trips typically depart daily at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. and are subject to availability and weather conditions. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms