By Travelzoo Staff
When Ruth Reichl first reviewed Hakubai for The New York Times
in 1996, she likened it to a "quick trip to Japan." Since then, this acclaimed Japanese restaurant at The Kitano hotel has continued to impress New Yorkers, being named one of the 2012 Top 10 NY Japanese Restaurants by Gayot
and garnering an "extraordinary to perfection" (26) rating for food from Zagat. For $89, two can take in a five-course meal with sake pairings.
Why we love it
- Hakubai has a "extraordinary" (26) rating for food from Zagat
- Save over $100 at one of Gayot's Top 10 NY Japanese Restaurants
- Includes 5 courses, an amuse-bouche and sake pairings for each diner
- Or for $175, experience 2 traditional Omakase Kaiseki dinners with drinks
March 26, 2013 - Aug. 15, 2013
Hakubai Japanese Restaurant
66 Park Ave. at 38th St.
New York, NY 10016
- This exclusive offer for dinner is paired with Hakkaisan sake and includes:
- Two seasonal amuse-bouche
- Two first appetizers (steamed egg custard with crab meat and brown rice mochi)
- Two second appetizers (assorted sashimi of the day)
- Two third appetizers (deep fried hard-shell crabs)
- Two entrees (chirashi sushi with akadashi miso soup)
- Two desserts of the day
- Or experience a true Japanese feast for two with sake, wine or beer for $175. The restaurant's signature Omakase Kaiseki dinner includes appetizers, sashimi, main courses and a dessert.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 15, through August 15, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Valid for 2 diners only. Reservations for the $175 deal must be made 72 hours in advance. No shows will result in voucher forfeiture. Limit 2 vouchers per table. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms