By Travelzoo Staff
Dine surrounded by glossies of famous 1960s Hollywood stars like Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor at Gente Ristorante Italiano, a modern trattoria that Zagat calls "warm" and "inviting." For $49, regularly $117, two can share dinner and a bottle of wine at this Midtown eatery.
Why we love it
- Zagat praises Gente's "modern space" and "warm, inviting vibe"
- Guests can save nearly 60% on dinner for 2 at this charming Midtown trattoria
- Order anything from the regular menu of traditional Italian dishes
- Pair the meal with a bottle of wine (up to $40) or use the credit toward a more expensive bottle
March 26, 2013 - June 28, 2013
Gente Ristorante Italiano
153 E. 45th St.
(between 3rd and Lex)
New York, NY 10017
- Owner and chef Jay B. Mitchell incorporates travel into his cuisine and venue with a special focus on including recipes he has learned from his many trips to Italy. Cozy up at this intimate spot between Lex and Third and select anything from the menu with this deal that includes:
- Any shared appetizer, like beef carpaccio with shaved Parmesan or the antipasto plate with roasted beets, portabella mushrooms and fresh mozzarella
- Any two entrees, with selections like the grilled New York strip steak with garlic mashed potatoes, osso buco with mushroom sauce and grilled tuna filet
- A bottle of wine (up to $40), such as the Cono Sur Chardonnay from Chile or Folonari Cabernet Sauvignon from Veneto, Italy; or use the $40 credit toward a more expensive bottle
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, March 28, through June 28, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Restaurant is closed on Sundays. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. An 18% gratuity will be added to the full retail value of the check. see below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms