By Travelzoo Staff
Dine surrounded by glossies of famous 1960s Hollywood stars like Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor at Gente Ristorante Italiano, a Midtown trattoria that Zagat praises and rates "very good to excellent" (23) for its homemade Italian cuisine. For $49, two can savor a dinner with wine, regularly up to $117.
Why we love it
- Travel off the beaten path to Gente Ristorante Italiano, a cozy bistro Zagat praises for its "quiet" ambiance
- Guests can savor dinner at this charming Midtown trattoria for $49, regularly $117
- Enjoy a shared appetizer and any 2 entrees on the menu
- Pair the meal with a bottle of wine (up to $40) or use the credit toward a more expensive bottle
- Zagat says the Italian cuisine is "very good to excellent" (23)
Oct. 21, 2012 - Jan. 23, 2013
Gente Ristorante Italiano
153 E. 45th St.
(between 3rd and Lex)
New York, NY 10017
- Owner and chef Jay B. Mitchell incorporates travel into his cuisine and venue with a special focus on including recipes he has learned from his many trips to Italy. Cozy up at this intimate venue tucked away between Lexington and Third avenues with this deal that includes:
- Any shared appetizer, like beef carpaccio with shaved Parmesan, Kobe meatballs with pomodoro sauce and mozzarella, and the antipasto plate with assorted vegetables and cheese
- Any two entrees, with selections like the grilled New York strip steak with garlic mashed potatoes, osso buco with mushroom sauce and breaded eggplant with mozzarella and tomato sauce
- A bottle of wine, with selections like Cono Sur Chardonnay from Chile and Folonari Cabernet Sauvignon from Veneto, Italy (up to $40); or use the $40 credit toward a more expensive bottle
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Oct. 23, through Jan. 23, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Restaurant is not open on Sundays. This voucher is valid for 2 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. An 18% gratuity will be added to the full retail value of the check. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms