By Travelzoo Staff
Zagat says "atmosphere is everything" at The Algonquin Hotel and calls The Round Table Restaurant a slice of "literary history." Now, Travelzoo subscribers can partake in the celebrated history of this renowned property with dinner and drinks for two for $89, regularly $160.
Why we love it
- For $89, take a seat at The Round Table Restaurant in the iconic Algonquin Hotel
- Regularly $160, dinner for 2 includes starters, entrees and drinks from a special menu
- The Round Table was a daily meeting spot for Dorothy Parker and other literary greats in the 1920s
- Zagat, New York Magazine and The New York Times all praise its history and OpenTable users give it a 4-star rating for food
- Or for $45, savor drinks and appetizers for 2, regularly $96
Oct. 4, 2012 - Jan. 8, 2013
The Round Table Restaurant at The Algonquin Hotel
59 West 44th St.
(between 5th Ave. & 6th Ave.)
New York, NY 10036
- "The walls still echo with the witty comments" of literary greats like Dorothy Parker, Robert Benchley, Alexander Woollcott and others who met daily at The Round Table through the 1920s. Today, the restaurant earns 4 stars on OpenTable for its classic American menu. Enjoy both the ambiance and fare with this deal that includes:
- Two cups of soup with a choice of clam chowder or the soup of the day, two Caesar salads or a shared appetizer, with a choice of calamari or pork sliders
- Two entrees, choose from pepper-crusted salmon filet, tenderloin beef, linguini with shrimp and sea scallops or sauteed chicken scallopini (up to $42 each)
- Two glasses of house-selected red or white wine, beers or cocktails, with selections like the Elder Flower martini with St. Germain, fresh lemon juice and Citroen vodka or an Old Fashioned with Maker's Mark, simple syrup, angostura bitters, orange and cherries (up to $22 each)
- For $45 (regularly $96), get a deal for drinks and appetizers for two that includes two drinks -- glasses of wine, Champagne, cocktails or beers (up to $26 each) -- and two appetizers (up to $22 each).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Oct. 8, through Jan. 8, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Dinner deal is valid from 7:30 p.m. onward. Vouchers are valid for 2 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms